Windows XP Security update

iscanut2 14:00 30 Jul 03

Have downloaded and installed Hotfix 811943 ( or is it 811493? ) and it shows in the list of installed fixes. Each time I go into Windows Update, I am prompted to download and install it again. I did so initially in case there was a problem, but having installed it again a couple of times, still get the same problem. All other fixes are OK. Anyone else get this problem with this fix ? Not serious, but just irritating !

Jester2K II 14:08 30 Jul 03

Happened to me time and time again. Eventually it stopped....

whybe 16:49 30 Jul 03

I have just checked mine and it has loaded ok. Is it possible to delete it in Add & Remove programs. Or see if it is recorded in your update history on the Microsoft Update Page and what status it is at. Bit of a guess I'm afraid.

Magik ®© 17:10 30 Jul 03

do you all think it is worth downloading every update that comes out, must be hundreds by now,

if it aint broke,dont fix it

bvw in bristol 21:29 30 Jul 03

When you configure automatic updates, or when you try to install updates on your Windows XP-based computer, you may experience one of more of the following behaviors:

You cannot install certain updates.

You are prompted to install one or more updates that you have already installed.

When you try to install an update, you receive an error message similar to the following error message:

Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update.inf. Make sure the Cryptographic service is running on this computer.

Quit all programs that are running, including antivirus programs.

Remove the C:\Windows\System32\CATROOT2 folder, where C:\Windows is the path of your Windows installation. To do so:

Right-click Start, and then click Explore.

Locate the C:\Windows\System32\Catroot2 folder.

Right-click the Catroot2 folder, and then click Delete.

Click Yes to confirm the removal of this folder.

Quit Windows Explorer.

Install the updates again.

click here

Dated 21st July 2003

(confirming seekit's post)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…