Windows xp and second hard drive

Logov 17:24 23 May 03

My present drive with xp is small and I need to add more space to the pc. Would I be better off installing a 2nd larger drive as master loading xp and then running 2 drives, or just simply copying everything from the first drive onto the new one and have that as my only drive? What would be the booting situation with two drives containing xp - would I be given the choice? would it work? - is there a booting programme that will deal with two drives running xp or can xp deal with it alone? Confused.

Rayuk 17:33 23 May 03

If you instal your new drive as master with WinXP on it you could use the 2nd drive as slave and use it for backup purposes.Unless you have 2 copies of WinXP this doesnt come into it as you can only have 1 copy running.

Lead 06:29 24 May 03

I think I would be tempted to leave the o/s on your existing (smaller) drive (leave as master), install the larger drive (as a slave) and copy across your personal files to the new one. That way, if your o/s goes FUBAR, you can reformat that drive without losing your personal files on the second drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…