Windows XP Scanner and Camers Wizard

mike55 22:26 18 Sep 05

Putting a card into my card reader brings up the Scanner & Camera Wizard and I use the option to transfer the photos to my PC. The next step 1 is to give a name and destination for the photo and the next step 2 is to Type a name for the group of Pics. I have only just started using XP and I thought that when I gave a name and destination this automatically appeared in 2 as "My Pictures/the name from 1...
This no longer happens and to add a group to My Pictures I have to create it first in Windows Explorer.
Is my mind deceiving me did the action in 1 also create the folder in My Pictures?

lotvic 12:43 19 Sep 05

There are choices of naming folder.
In box 1 you type a name that will appear on Each Pic (ie: Sam at wedding)

By default in box 2 it will create 'My Pictures/2005-09-19' (that being the current date)

If you then click on the dropdown arrow in box 2 you will see that there is now a folder in the list called 'My Pictures/2005-09-19/Sam at wedding'

If you then click on that folder to save to then it will appear in box 2 as 'My Pictures/2005-09-19/Sam at wedding' and each individual pic will be named 'Sam at wedding 001.jpg, Sam at wedding 002.jpg etc'

If you don't click on the folder in the list then the pics will be saved to a folder called 'My Pictures/2005-09-19' and each individual pic will be named 'Sam at wedding 001.jpg, Sam at wedding 002.jpg etc'

OR you can click on 'Browse' and create a new folder with any name you wish and put it anywhere you want and your pics will be saved to that one.

Hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…