Windows XP saving different screen resolutions

jules52 01:05 19 Jan 05

Am I being particularly thick but can anyone tell me if I am able to save different screen resolutions for different users on Windows XP. Not a major issue but every time I get on my PC a previous user (the wife) has changed it to suit her.

TomJerry 09:44 19 Jan 05

I tried and found no solution, but there ua another way.

you can get a small program QuickResNT click here to change resolution quickly

you can put it into startup folder under all user under document and setting, once this small program running, it has a task icon on right bottom of the screen, right click it and options pop-up and then you can select the resoloution you like

I use this little program for long time and like it, it is particularly good for kids games because some games need different resolution.

this program was recommended in a computer magazine (do not remember which one), so it should be safe to use

jules52 13:10 19 Jan 05

Thanks for that - at least I know it's not me. Will try the link you supplied and keep you advised. I would have thought that with all the advantages of XP this item would have been a "piece of cake"

Stuartli 13:44 19 Jan 05

Or from the Display Properties panel>Properties, go to the Settings tab>Advanced button>Adapter tab>click on List all Modes.

You'll get a menu of all the colour and resolution settings that your graphics card can run - highlight the one you want to use and click.

QuickRes is a good little utility though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…