Windows XP restore feature often does not work

Night Ryder 21:31 16 May 04

Can someone tell me why the Windows XP restore feature often does not work? Don't know if connected but it appears to work OK until an automatic update is received and installed.
Any attempt to restore before the update fails.

howard60 21:55 16 May 04

are you running low on hard disk free space?

Night Ryder 22:14 16 May 04

Nop, The system is on a 20 Gig partition which is about a third full.

Mikè 22:19 16 May 04

As far as i'm concerned it's the nature of the beast, don't expect it to do the job of a proper backup regime.

wobblymike 22:22 16 May 04

You might want to check oyu Control Panel - System - then click the system restore tab and check out the settings for your primary hard drive. If you only have a small amount of space allocated for restore there's your problem if not try deleting some of your restore points which you no longer need

Rgds

Mike

Steven135 22:24 16 May 04

I'd go along with Mike, 9 times out of 10 it will get you out of a fix but then when all has gone pear shaped it lets you down (I speak from bitter experience.

I now have Norton Ghost and keep an up to date image on my spare HD along with a back up of My Documents which I do every couple of days.

Belt and braces!

Night Ryder 22:37 16 May 04

Steven135, agreed, I use drive image, but not as often as I should. Thanks for all your advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…