//some 3rd party need geo

Windows XP Rescue Disk - can't make one!!

Charlie Babbage 19:41 28 Apr 06

I've just become aware that you should be able to make a ASR (Automated System Recovery) disk by going to Start>Programs>Accessories>System tools>Backup.

However I do not have 'Backup' in System Tools. This maybe because I am running under Windows Nemsis 4 Titan Edition. Even the person who installed this (who had better be nameless) can't (or won't!) tell me much about it, although it does come with a load of other apps including MS Office 2003. Titan Edition 'looks and feels' like XP Professional and when you go to Start>Control Panel>System it states 'Microsoft XP Professional Service Pack 2'

When I go to Start>Help & Support and search for 'Automated System recovery' and select 'Create an Automated System Recovery Set using Backup' it states that the page cannot be displayed. My computer is not on a network.

If anyone knows how to create an ASR under Titan, this would be much appreciated.

TIA

Skills 19:53 28 Apr 06

I have never heard of "Titian edition" Its not even listed on the microsoft website click here

So I would imagine that its not a legit copy of XP, to install the backup ultity you need to install it from the XP cd. This page here under number 5 thou links to a download location for the file you need that will install the backup ultility click here

namtas 19:58 28 Apr 06

You will unlikely find anyone to help you with this on this forum.

Charlie Babbage 20:09 28 Apr 06

Now successfully installed but I'll not be using it as it says it would take 4 days to do a complete backup!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…