Windows XP Remote Control Access

frager 16:14 17 Dec 04

I have Windows XP *Home* on my computer. My sister, 4,500 miles away has XP *Professional*. Sometimes she needs help with her computer.
Can I control her computer(Pro) from mine ( XP Home)?
I don't want to go to the trouble of setting up the process if it is not possible for me to help her.

ventanas 16:30 17 Dec 04

You can use Remote Assistance, but how to explain would take up far more space than is available here. Any good book on XP shows how to do it.

You can connect directly between both machines and have access to many features of the other computer click here for brief intro.

frager 17:23 17 Dec 04

Thanks for the reply.
Is there a difference between Remote Access and Remote Assistance?
Will I be able to set preferences and options on the remote computer?

MercyLink 17:54 17 Dec 04

They are the same thing, and you get controll of her screen so you can set what you like while she watches what you do on her screen. You get control of her pointer and view her dekstop so you can work with it like it was on the desk next to you.

kakasnarta 18:29 17 Dec 04

If you both have MSN messenger insttalled......just get her to click on actions and then click on ask for remote assistance.

frager 19:33 17 Dec 04

Thanks to ventanas, MercyLink and kakasnarta for their replies. Your answers have clarified a number of issues for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…