Windows XP Product Activation

homepc 12:41 02 Mar 04

My windows is xp home edition and i had setup new operating system then setup is okay perfect but the problem is product activation need to setup from microsoft am looking for your help please notice we havent got phone line or internet at home so i cant setup through internet and also i can't use telephone because am a deaf personal this only way i can do like fax or email to microsoft from work to get windows product activation then i can setup manual at home with information so i need the email address and also fax number for microsoft...??

Please can anyone help me beware am a personal deafness and feel that microsoft is awareness for deaf peoples....? I don't think microsoft were not thought about deaf peoples...how can they can help.... sound crazy to me for no help...

PLEASE HELP ME !!
Cheers,
HomePc

Sir Radfordin 13:13 02 Mar 04

From Microsoft Website:

By Textphone
If you are a textphone user (e.g. Minicom) please contact us on 0870 50 30 400 or via Typetalk.

Please note that our normal business hours are 08:00 to 18:00, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
Calls will be charged at the standard national rate.

Is that anyhelp? I know the FE has in the past had contact with MS and indeed they may read this board so hopefully they will be able to suggest something.

Agree with you that those who are unable to use phone/internet do seem to face a problem.

Maelstrom 13:21 02 Mar 04

Have you attempted to e-mail them? After looking through their site click here it does appear they have support for people with disability's, however their doesnt appear to be any for someone in your situation, the only thing I can think of is to contact them via e-mail.

JIM 13:32 02 Mar 04

If you are deaf or hard-of-hearing, complete access to Microsoft product and customer services is available through a text telephone (TT/TDD) service.

Was your Microsoft product preinstalled, distributed with your computer?

If the answer is yes, it is likely that you have OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) software. For customers with OEM software, the primary source for support is the personal computer manufacturer who provided the Microsoft software. Often the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) customises the Microsoft software for the specific computer system, and therefore is the correct resource for any technical support that might needed.

Contact Microsoft in the UK

By Post

Microsoft Limited

Microsoft Campus

Thames Valley Park

Reading

RG6 1WG

United Kingdom

Travel to UK Offices

By Telephone

UK Main Contact Number: 0870 60 10 100. For switchboard please select Option 4.

Republic of Ireland Main Contact Number: +353 1 450 2113

To help us improve our quality of service calls may be recorded or monitored for training purposes.

By Textphone
If you are a textphone user (e.g. Minicom) please contact us on 0870 50 30 400 or via Typetalk.

Please note that our normal business hours are 08:00 to 18:00, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
Calls will be charged at the standard national rate.

Taran 13:43 02 Mar 04

Microsoft have a Type Talk system for the hard of hearing but that doesn't alter the fact that if you have no telephone/web access you're stuck before you start.

I've spoken with a Customer Services Representative and he suggested the only real alternative was the Type Talk system[Textphone] but agreed that it was not suitable in this case.

All I can suggest at this point for practical purposes is to have a willing friend activate your copy of Windows using a mobile phone on the Product Activation Centre number: 0800 018 8354

It only takes a few minutes but be advised that a charge is applied on most mobile phone networks for calling 0800 numbers.

This is just one of several reasons why I like the approach of some PC/laptop manufacturers who are shipping their systems pre-activated.

Sorry I can't be of more help in this case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…