Windows XP problems

zigg 21:54 06 Mar 04

I recently installed XP and I have installed some programs which I subseqently uninstalled (after putting my settings back to normal), mainly utilities to overclock etc. I also tried to apply the performance settings for my motherboard MSI K7T266 Pro2 but this made my system performance unstable and I had to follow the motherboard manual instructions to Clear the CMOS data by resetting the CMOS jumpers on my motherboard.This I understand cleared my system configuration. Since all of this my system still works fine to all extents and purposes but my monitor now clicks off and on very briefly during startup and just before the windows xp icons finish coming up on the screen. is there anything I can do to fix this? I don't want to update/ flash my motherboard bios because it looks a bit complicated and I don't want to do any damage. Any ideas?

fuzzyone 21:58 06 Mar 04

zigg,

The monitor clicking off and on is a common event.

It is just the screen refreshing the rate between booting up and entering windows.

The only thing that may help is trying to adjust the refresh rate. (not any lower than 70)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…