Windows XP Problem

the golfer 17:13 30 Apr 08

I have tried to do an xp repair installation but now get 'Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM
You can attempt to repait this file by starting windows setup using the original Setup CD Rom. Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair. Being a beginner and a Sen Cit would this be easy to do, or is there an easy way around the problem. System Restore will not even start. All I did was do the repair!!! Win XP SP2

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:18 30 Apr 08

Try doing the repair again.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:20 30 Apr 08

Missing Or Corrupt Windows\System32\Conf\System File
click here

the golfer 17:24 30 Apr 08

I have tried twice to do the repair and same result. Even tried sytem restore and last know config.

VoG II 17:27 30 Apr 08

Microsoft guide click here

the golfer 14:59 03 May 08

Did all that you said and still have the problem. Sorry this has taken so long. Also a Windows Repair which appeared to complete, but now have another problem that I cannot access or download any windows updates. Accessing microsoft site I get "0x8007043B error, and a error 1083. I have worked through the prob description on WUAUSERV and the BITS service settings to no avail. Is there a "quick fix" for this problem as I am not up to speed on this.

ronalddonald 15:28 03 May 08

i had tyhe same prob some months back, check taht the orignal xp disc is not scrathde with heavy marks. if it is cleann it up and try, if you ge the same results, get a cd cleaner an electric one from maplin. Try it then see if works, if it doesnt buy a new disc or borrow one from a friend, plase note brorrwing on is breaking microsoft rules but do it as a last resort to see if can be resolved-if get reolved then then buy yourself a new disc from novatech or cougar and install the new disc

ronalddonald 15:29 03 May 08

sorry about the bad grammer and spelling mistakes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…