'Windows XP problem'

meater 11:00 22 Sep 05

'Windows XP problem'
Thanks for your help but I still have not got the information a need. It is Windows XP Pro. that is the pirate copy, and I want to buy the Windows XP Home to put in. If I uninstall it to reinstall a good version of "Windows XP Home", will I lose all my folders and applications, will they still be OK? Can you tell me what the best and easiest way to solve this problem? BFN meater

Stuartli 11:04 22 Sep 05

You may never do so or at least delay receiving the information you require by constantly starting new threads on the same subject.

The advice you have been given already will work equally well with XP Home - Pro is more business orientated and with networking and backup facilities that are missing in Home.

Stuartli 11:05 22 Sep 05

>>that are missing in Home.>>

But can, in some instances, be added as they are not installed by default.

Yoda Knight 12:34 22 Sep 05

You cant uninstall windows (unless you previously performed an upgrade, in which case you can go back to the previous version - which you do not appear to have done). To downgrade you will have to remove the current version and install the older version afresh.

So you will loose whatever you cant backup.

meater 12:53 24 Sep 05

Many thanks for your help, I will try your information out.
BFN
Meater

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…