Windows XP problem

aboutit 17:03 31 Oct 03

Twice I have had the same message when I switch on my computer it says Windows cannot start this could be due to new software or hardware recently added it then goes on to say that it will start in 30 seconds. I haven`t added any hardware at all. Can anyone explain why this is happening. This has also happened to my daughter and she cannot get anything at all on her laptop just the message and then a black screen

AndySD 18:17 31 Oct 03

The first thing to do is update your virus checker and run it. If you dont have one then there is a free online one at click here if it finds something note the name down it may be the same on your daughters laptop.
Post back with your operating systems.

aboutit 19:11 31 Oct 03

thanks tried them. my daughter can`t check hers for a virus as she can`t get past the message on screen. Windows XP PRO Compaq laptop

Tree3 19:15 31 Oct 03

what point of startup does it get up to before displaying this message

spikeychris 19:18 31 Oct 03

Bit of a coincidence don't you think...your machine and your daughters receiving the same error message. Have you mailed here anything? or obviously visa versa..

spikeychris 19:19 31 Oct 03

Have you mailed HER anything?

aboutit 19:21 31 Oct 03

Windows XP Screen appears as if starting but then message appears. No we haven`t emailed each other

Limehouse 19:41 31 Oct 03

Are the PC's networked, or have you both installed the same piece of software lately. Have you tried starting your daughters PC in safe mode, do you get a BSOD with a error message, if so post details for further help.

FEISAR 20:20 31 Oct 03

Get in to safe mode (F8) and run system restore.

Tree3 10:11 01 Nov 03

when booting it comes up with a white line at the bottom of the screen when its loading that press F8 then choose safe mode and see if it still does not boot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…