windows xp pro wont start !

apu10 21:47 11 Dec 03

basically my new pc came through the door today and it came without a OS. as i allready have xp pro i used that and it was fine, it all loaded up.

Then i went on to try and install the video drivers for my fx5600. I installed it and then it told me to reboot, so i did it started to restart and then this came up

'Windows cannot star due to this file being missing or corrupt'

you can try to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup cd-rom.

select 'r' at the first screen to start repair.

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what do i do ????
im craping myself !

VoG II 21:49 11 Dec 03

Boot from the CD

Let the Setup go through the first part of the Installation procedure.

When you come to the screen in which it says "Welcome to Setup." press Enter to Setup Windows XP.

Press F8 to agree to the End User License.

Let the Setup search your system for previous versions of Windows.

When the Setup is finished searching your system, select your Windows XP Installation and press the R key on your keyboard to start the Repair Procedure.

Setup will delete all major system files and then replace them with new copies.

apu10 21:58 11 Dec 03

basically ive stuck the windows xp cd in and it just carries on to that screen where i get the warning ! ????????

VoG II 22:03 11 Dec 03

You need to go into the BIOS and set the boot sequence to CD first. To get into the BIOS reboot then press the DELETE key (usually). Other possible keys click here

Having done that put the Windows CD in the drive, restart and follow the directions above.

plsndrs3 22:09 11 Dec 03

You need to insert the CD, turn the PC off & turn it back on so that it boots from the CD ,,,,,

plsndrs3 22:11 11 Dec 03

You're too quick for me. Glad you're not a gunfighter :o)))

VoG II 22:13 11 Dec 03

How do you know I'm not ;o)

apu10 22:18 11 Dec 03

wahooooooooooo its working ! you are a

VoG II 22:23 11 Dec 03

We do our best. Genius - not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…