Windows XP Pro Wont Boot

special sophie 13:08 23 Feb 03

When I start my PC I get this message before windows can boot. Windows Could Not Start Because File Is Missing Or Corupt \WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CONFIG\SYSTEM. When I put a windows 98 boot disk in and restart i get to the A prompt and then restart and remove boot disk windows loads up. How do i restore this file I have tried a system restore but it hasn't made any difference. Help please

Andÿ 13:15 23 Feb 03

It's a Corrupted Registry :o(

click here;en-us;q307545

Andÿ 13:16 23 Feb 03

Here is a working version

click here

special sophie 13:30 23 Feb 03

Thanks Andy

Andÿ 15:09 24 Feb 03

No problem :o)

Did it work?

eccomputers 18:02 24 Feb 03

none of those links work for me?

platty100 18:58 24 Feb 03

could try this might help you go to"start /"run" type in SFC /SCANNOW (notice the space after sfc) then hit enter you will have to put your xp disc in cd rom

special sophie 21:23 24 Feb 03

well it would have worked but... I printed out the "How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from Starting" Article but when I get to the line in part one where it tells me to type in c:\windows\tmp\system.bak the recovery console tells me it doesn't recognise the command please advise a rather puzzled Sophie x

special sophie 21:23 24 Feb 03

I will try that now. Thanks

special sophie 21:38 24 Feb 03

I have just tried that platty it went through the process then finished and nothing happened does it restore the files automatically ?

special sophie 22:40 24 Feb 03

Refresh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…