Windows XP Pro Wont Boot

special sophie 13:08 23 Feb 03

When I start my PC I get this message before windows can boot. Windows Could Not Start Because File Is Missing Or Corupt \WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CONFIG\SYSTEM. When I put a windows 98 boot disk in and restart i get to the A prompt and then restart and remove boot disk windows loads up. How do i restore this file I have tried a system restore but it hasn't made any difference. Help please

Andÿ 13:15 23 Feb 03

It's a Corrupted Registry :o(

click here;en-us;q307545

Andÿ 13:16 23 Feb 03

Here is a working version

click here

special sophie 13:30 23 Feb 03

Thanks Andy

Andÿ 15:09 24 Feb 03

No problem :o)

Did it work?

eccomputers 18:02 24 Feb 03

none of those links work for me?

platty100 18:58 24 Feb 03

could try this might help you go to"start /"run" type in SFC /SCANNOW (notice the space after sfc) then hit enter you will have to put your xp disc in cd rom

special sophie 21:23 24 Feb 03

well it would have worked but... I printed out the "How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from Starting" Article but when I get to the line in part one where it tells me to type in c:\windows\tmp\system.bak the recovery console tells me it doesn't recognise the command please advise a rather puzzled Sophie x

special sophie 21:23 24 Feb 03

I will try that now. Thanks

special sophie 21:38 24 Feb 03

I have just tried that platty it went through the process then finished and nothing happened does it restore the files automatically ?

special sophie 22:40 24 Feb 03

Refresh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…