Windows XP Pro Start Menu

Marky_Bhoy 20:29 01 Feb 04

The start menu has a list of recently used programs. Just like the list of recently used documents?

However I noticed that after using certain programs they are not entered into this list.

Does anyone know how to fix this so that it always displays a list of recently used programs?

Thanks

Rennaissance 21:27 01 Feb 04

sometimes the programs go down past the bottom and overlap. So maybe you could try delete someo n the top and see if it is at the bottom. Just a guess.

leo49 21:34 01 Feb 04

One of the options in Powertoys Tweakui is to choose which programs are entered into the Recently used list, and in Properties/Start Menu/Customise/General you set the maximum number of entries that appear in this list.

Marky_Bhoy 22:50 01 Feb 04

Rennaissance - you guessed right! I can simply delete those unwanted programs from the list. Although that will probably just be a temporary solution.

leo49 - interesting. I had never heard of powerToys before. I will check it out.

Cheers guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…