windows xp pro shutdown problems

dazzling 10:29 28 Feb 05

actually its more a powerdown problem.my friend got my old computer 2years ago when i had it it ran xp pro win98 dual boot but i formatted it as he liked 98.yesterday i formatted it again as he now wants xp.everything went fine install sp1 sp2 programs etc etc but when i went to shut it down xp shuts down hard drive stops but fans and power supply stop on and you have to press the power button to stop it like in the old days.i had this problem before so went to enable advanced power managment windows has disabled the device code 22 and will not let me install the driver.it was not a problem before with the same pc anyone any ideas the only diffrence i can think of is sp 1&2.darren

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:41 28 Feb 05

Power managent must be set to Op system in BIOS

Shutdown problems click here
click here
click here

pk470 10:52 28 Feb 05

Go to device manager click view then show hidden devices and see if a red cross is showing if it is enable this device you shut down ok,if you can't find any problem the this won't help.

pk470 10:53 28 Feb 05

Sorry for spelling errors.

dazzling 11:02 28 Feb 05

i tried to enable power managment but the drivers not installed and xp wont let me install it code 22 whatever that is. apm is enabled in the bios.darren

dazzling 12:36 28 Feb 05

sorted i uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it works now should have done that first sorry for wasting your time.darren

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…