Windows XP Pro Account control

Craig.m 12:57 07 Apr 04

Setting up accounts on XP pro is fine but it does appear that unless you set up an account as an administrator it can't run a lot of the programmes. As an example one of the kids wants to run a jukebox programme from the web, it is a no go unless on an administrator account, similar with some other programmes - is thisn a known issue or just a setting tweak required.
Along the lines of kids and accounts, I only seem to be able to change properties of User or administrator, is there any way to change an individual accounts properties? As in stop a certain account from downloading from the internet?

Craig

ThePharcyde007 13:12 07 Apr 04

If you installed the program in Administrator mode, it asks if you want all users to have access to the program. If you selected for your use only it would not work on Guest, or standard accounts.

Hope this helps

Craig.m 13:45 07 Apr 04

Will have a look, I think the account it does not work on is the one it was installed to, will check tonight when I get home.

I have seen it somewhere that games can be problematical if on a standard user account.

Have been on a antivirus crusade and tried to stop accounts downloading but can't find a specific control to stop normal users downloading.

©®@$? 14:17 07 Apr 04

some programs are not desgined to be installed across mulitple user accounts, thats why you may not get the option to allow all users when installed..

the only other way around it, is copying the program into the shared folder..this will allow other user to use this program

Craig.m 10:58 08 Apr 04

All the programmes are in the same area and it appears that some people can use a programme and others it does not work, they are all of the same level - standard user.

Oh well I think it will be easier to start over and reload maybe.

C

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5