Windows XP Printer Driver Update failure to load

Tony_B 20:02 23 Jan 04

When using windows update I am given the choice to download an updated driver for my Brother HL-5040 printer. (Driver Version No. 01.60.00.00.)

The download has been carried out several times but the instalation fails and I get the following message in the update log.

Error IUENGINE Installing Printer Driver Brother HL-5040 Series (Error 0x800703E5: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.)

See iuhist.xml for details: Install finished (Error 0x800703E5: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.)

My printer has always worked well and doesn't seem to have been affected by this.

I can't find the location of the current driver and don't know how to check which version I currently have.

Can anyone tel me what the error is and how I can fix it/install the new driver.

Big Elf 20:28 23 Jan 04

You'd be better going to the Brother website rather than rely on the Windows Update Site click here If the printer works OK though why bother?

They apparently posted a nVidia Graphics driver as a critical update. Great if you don't have an appropriate nVidia card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…