Windows XP player for HDTV file

DougieR 16:31 01 Sep 05

Can anyone help!
I missed a couple of episodes of the series Deadwood namely series 2/ 6 & 7. I have downloaded these files and both appear to be from High Definition tv in the states. They have a .HDTV extension.
None of my installed players will work properly they produce a good quality but jerky picture and the sound is about 10 seconds out of sink. I have windows media player, AVI player, Quicktime player, and DivX player. according to the file properties:
width is 608 x 336 pixels
Bit rate 109Kbps
Audio format MP3
Frame rate 23 fps
Data rate 119kbps
video sample size 12 bit
Video compression XVID
I am running windows XP pro on a slow prossesor
AMD K6 2 500, although slow I don't normally have any problems.
My graphics card is the Voodoo 3 with Darkman drivers (the only good drivers I have found to work under XP)
Not to technical please if you can point me in the direction of a suitable player I would be delighted.
Thanks

Stuartli 16:46 01 Sep 05

A CPU being used with an HDTV compatible digital Freeview PCI TV card has to be (in the case of my TwinHan DTV-ter D+A card) a 600MGHz PIII upwards for SDTV and a PeniumIV 2GHz for HDTV and the RAM requirements are 128 and 256MB respectively.

So it would seem your AMD K6 is not up to scratch.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…