Windows XP Picture emails broke

Remy Martin 15:34 16 Oct 05

The facility to email pictures directly from My Pictures is no longer working. I think it might have something to do with having recently installed Thunderbird (although I have now removed this), or upgrading to Outlook 2002 from 2000.

When trying to email from My Picutures I get the usual question about resizing the images, but then get an Outlook dialogue box stating "The operation failed due to network or other communication problems. Check your connections and try again".

Any ideas?

splork 15:56 16 Oct 05

do you have any antivirus / firewall software that may be scanning your emails and blocking them in error? is it only occuring when sending images, and does it matter what format the images are in before you resize them? do they send ok if you choose not to resize them? can you send them from outlook express ? investigating some of those will narrow down the cause

Remy Martin 15:59 16 Oct 05

I use AVG Free and Zonealarm. I don't think either of them should be blocking anything. Having checked, I get the same error message with all attachments, not just photos, and it makes no difference whether I resize the images or not.

I have altered my default email program to Outlook Express but get the same message as before.

splork 16:06 16 Oct 05

you get an `outlook` error even when sending emails from outlook express? or a windows error box? does typing "mailto:" in the run dialogue box bring up a new email in your default email program? can you send an attachement back to your own email address?
sounds as if something's damaged the file associations. you may have to remove and re-install outlook. if thats the case, remove it, download regsupreme ( click here ) and do a `normal` scan and fix and keep the backup .reg file, then reinstall outlook

Remy Martin 16:17 16 Oct 05

Have just tried again, having closed down Outlook. Everything works absolutely fine in Outlook Express, so this would suggest a problem with Outlook. Will reinstall as suggested.

GroupFC 19:10 16 Oct 05

You could try this- Go to Start, Run, type
regsvr32 shimgvw.dll and click OK. (Note: there is a space after the 32.) taken from click here

Don't know if this will work for your particular problem tho'!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…