Windows XP photo print

Plymptonian 18:45 15 Apr 04

I have a problem trying to print photos directly from a photo folder (properties correctly set). When I open My Pictures the option "Print photo" is available but as soon as I click on a photo or a sub folder then this option disappears. If I then select Print from the file menu Outlook starts up and tries to send a fax!. My printer is set as the default printer. I think this problem started after I tried to send a fax. I think that the MS Photo Editor is defaulting to the fax but how do you change that?

Any Ideas?

anon1 19:46 15 Apr 04

purge the fax outbox

Plymptonian 20:13 15 Apr 04

There is nothing to purge in the fax outbox.

shizzy 21:19 15 Apr 04

I often use this to print photos and I think you click on "Print Pictures" before making any selections. This brings up a new window for you to select pictures, layout and printer quality etc.

Plymptonian 22:08 15 Apr 04

The problem is that the option to click on "print pictures" is not there.

shizzy 22:33 15 Apr 04

As soon you first open My Pictures don't select any folder and the Print Pictures should be down the lefthand side. As soon as you select a folder this option is gone. I used to make this mistake at first and wondered where it had gone to.

obbit 22:36 15 Apr 04

i open the picture first then click on the print icon at the bottom of the picture then select the size i wish to print from the wizard.

shizzy 22:56 15 Apr 04

Thanks that's useful to know. Never used that way.

Plymptonian 00:32 16 Apr 04

I am not getting the print icon at the bottom of the picture. I used to. If is select Print from the file menu it starts up the fax, although my Epson printer is selected as the default printer. I think there is a problem with MS Photo Editor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…