Windows XP over Windows 98 2nd Edition

doubleclick 21:07 25 Apr 04

Is it possible to install Windows XP over Windows 98 2nd edition without formatting my 'c' drive.
Is it worth 'upgrading' to XP? Any help and advice accepted.
Ian.

VoG II 21:12 25 Apr 04

click here - exactly the same applies. Check your system specs and compatability first.

Also click here

woodchip 21:19 25 Apr 04

If your drive is big enough I would do a dual boot Win98 and XP

hvs 08:45 26 Apr 04

doubleclick I did just that because for some strange reason my pc was never stable under Win 98, had constant crashes. I did a complete re-install to Win XP pro and I have had no problems since. I find that for me it was the best decision. Make sure that your pc fulfills the system requirements at least 128MB of memory etc you can find more info on the Microsoft web site and vry usefull how to's.

Stuartli 09:47 26 Apr 04

Upgrading to XP will prove the best move you can make - I've never had a blue screen or problems since switching from 98SE to XP Pro about six months ago, although the original reason was due to an 18-month-old HDD going on the blink and the need to replace it ASAP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…