Windows XP OS Query

garycarter 10:47 26 Jul 05

hi,
i have recently produced my first home build which was a huge success. whilst initially installing the OS (windows XP Professional edition) it was five percent complete, and we had a power cut. when i switched the PC back on it just said "error loading operating system" and wont let me do a whole lot else, apart from access the bios. which is amibios if that helps. i have tried re installing the motherboard set up disk, i have tried the windows OS disk, and i have even tried clearing the JBAT1 cmos memory jumper, but to no avail. any ideas? many thanks
gary carter

mattyc_92 10:54 26 Jul 05

Have you tried booting from the WinXP disk and formatting the system? (clean install)

ACOLYTE 10:55 26 Jul 05

You need to make the pc boot from the cd and then restart the install process,it should detect the setup and carry on,or you may have to
delete the partition and do a quick NTFS format and reinstall afresh.

harps1h 11:04 26 Jul 05

i don't know how you put on the original os but i looks like a format may be necessary again. to do this enter the bios, go to advanced options. once there change the boot up sequence to the cd drive first the hdd second. come out of it and reboot with the xp disk in the drive. once that is done xp will reformat the drive and then reinstall the os for you. if there anything different just say

harps1h 20:30 21 Aug 05

just wondering what the out come was. also if you are finished with the thread please tick resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…