Windows XP and Office updates errors

Robert-272781 19:16 21 Aug 05

I have installed the latest windows XP and Office updates and now get the folowing error on boot up and when opening Outlook:
"The procedure entry point WNetEnumCachedPasswords could not be located in the dynamic link library MPR.dll"

Can anyone offer some advice on how to correct the problem?

Regards

Bob

bosmere 19:23 21 Aug 05

Does this help? click here

Robert-272781 20:13 22 Aug 05

Bosmere

Thanks for the lead - it looks as if it could do the trick.

2 questions though:

1. Do you know if any other programme already loaded onto my laptop would be affected if I restored the original mapi32.dll file?

2. Do you know how I would copy the original onto the laptop (I don't think I can just copy / paste as it is a system file.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

bosmere 10:15 23 Aug 05

Q1 - I think not - it affects only your Outlook

Q2 - click here

click here - go to the bottom of the page

click here - half-way down

click here repair

I've seen various references also that this is a route used by virus writers - have you run a virus check?

Robert-272781 10:28 10 Sep 05

Bosmere

Thanks for your help. I'm just back from holiday and was planning to copy the original windows disc file across to my PC until I realised that there were 6 different copies of the file on the CD.

Would you happen to know which version I should use or caould I use any of them?

regards

Bob

douglas1973 22:00 21 Apr 06

I have downloaded the Microsoft Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter KB914454 update but am unable to install. (On clicking the install shield in the Notification Area and following the instructions I get the message "Updates were unable to be successfully installed"). When I try and download it again from the Microsoft Office site I am told that "0KB/already downloaded". How can I fix this problem please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…