Windows XP - OEM & Full

johndrew 20:23 24 Feb 06

I recently read a letter in a back issue of PCA where the subject of XP OEM vs. Full package was mentioned with respect to Product Keys, Registration Numbers and Activation.

The statement was made that the Product Key found on the OS as installed is often different to that on the label attached to the PC. The number used to obtain Activation and register is that on the label on the PC and not that in the OS, thus it is always necessary to obtain an Activation code by `phone if using an OEM version.

I have an OEM version on my PC and the key on the label is the same as that on the OS (using WiKeyLite). Does this mean that I can use the automated Activation system in the event I need to obtain a new code or must I use the `phone?

I am aware that such action is only necessary if I change enough components used to register for Activation otherwise it should be possible to simply copy the wpa.dbl file into system32.

Please someone give me confirmation or direction?

User-312386 21:48 24 Feb 06

Yes you can activate online

If it does not let you, then it gives you a number to call Microsoft, you then ring them and they give you a manual activation key

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…