mo674 00:55 28 Dec 03

When I boot up i get the message NTLDR missing Ctrl+Alt+Del to reboot. I have tried booting from CD with Windows Disc in boot it just doesn't work. BIOS is set to boot from CD then HDD-0. Floppy is knackered so cannot boot from that.

mo674 00:56 28 Dec 03

I took out HDD and placed it on another PC then formatted it and was able to re-install Windows XP on it. Plugged it back to my PC and got the same message.....

gold 47 01:42 28 Dec 03

NTLDR is for WNT W95 LINUX AND DOS so i don't know what it is doing with XP perhaps it is something in the bios try restoring system defaults i say that because you said when you
removed your hard drive to another computer it was ok although by then that drive would have the
data on from that computer so i don't see how it would have worked but there you go.

smegs 01:43 28 Dec 03
  smegs 01:44 28 Dec 03

gold 47, it's not just for Win95, Linux or Dos.

pcgal 02:31 28 Dec 03

yeah smegs is correct.....NT LOADER is required by the NT windows family

pcgal 02:36 28 Dec 03

mo674 windowsxp has a copyright protection facility that stops hard-drives been plugged in to other motherboards.
It detects a hardware change and falls on its back with its legs in the air.

The ntldr can be replaced via the repair console on the xp disk I think.

beeuuem 02:49 28 Dec 03

From click here
Windows XP users

Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer. When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key. Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair Windows. Log into your Windows installation by pressing the "1" key and pressing enter. You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password. Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter "E". This letter may be different on your computer.

copy e:\i386\ntldr c: copy c:

Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the CD from the computer and reboot.

Taken from click here

For Reference - Thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…