Windows XP--NT 4.0-- 2000 Similarity.

spuds 14:26 31 Aug 03

I have recently tried to install a Lexmark X5150 4in1 printer into my XP Pro based computer. After a considerable trial and error session, I still have problems with sudden computer crashes, when I try to use the print facility.Press print,then the computer crashes with a follow on re-boot.Lexmark have offered a number of possible corrective solution,which have not worked.

Trying out various things and seeking Microsoft on-line help, I have come to a possible solution that the USB connection is causing a problem. Microsoft are aware of a USB problem within NT 4.0 and 2000, and have issued a service pack,to correct this USB problem.I have been informed that XP is a cloned version of NT 4.0 AND 2000, and that it maybe possible to install this service pack into the XP Pro installation. Any advice would be very welcome, as to whether I can use the NT/2000 service pack, or will this cause further disasters.

krypt1c 14:56 31 Aug 03

Does the Lexmark X5150 use a USB 2.0 connection ? If so you will need to install SP1. You can find it click here

spuds 19:53 31 Aug 03

Thanks again. Microsoft as sent me an SP1, so I will install it. Hope it works. Have heard various for/against about SP1?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now