Windows XP not shutting down fully.

betty_boo48 10:12 21 Sep 03

I have an AMD-K6 (tm) 3D PROCESSOR....400mhz....128ram pc and I have installed windows xp professional, all appears to have gone well, I have installed service pack 1 and numerous software applications. When I tried to shut down I noticed all appeared to be going as normal until after the screen saying windows is shutting down, it then comes up with a screen saying "It is now safe to turn off your computer". I have been turning off the power at the wall power socket this at the moment is my only method of completely finalising the total shut down. I wonder if anyone can suggest a remedy and if this is not possible am I causing damage by unplugging the power in this way because when i return and power up again everything loads correctly.

MAJ 10:31 21 Sep 03

Go to Control Panel > Power Options > APM tab and tick the little box which says, "Enable Advanced Power Management Support". That should completely power-down your PC at shutdown, betty_boo.

betty_boo48 10:44 21 Sep 03

MAJ..............Problem resolved, words cannot convey my heartfelt thanks...........betty_boo

MAJ 10:46 21 Sep 03

Happy to help, betty_boo. ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…