WIndows XP not recognising network card

Schmooziphisus 14:13 25 Jun 05

Hi,
I've been trying to set up a network across two windows xp machines. One works fine, but the other doesn't seem to recognise any of the three network cards i try in it.
When you put them in it says it finds new hardware, but is not then in device manager. Found it has installed about 14 things in network adapters but they are hidden and not normally visible. Also in the network connections there is not local area connection due to this so I can't set it up.

Thanks

alltime 15:24 25 Jun 05

If you dont have a local area connection in the connections tab you first need to make sure your driver is installed.
Go to start - Control panel - System - Hardware-
Click on Device manager - Look under network adaptors - right click on them - click properties - and driver - is the driver installed?
if it isnt click update driver, you might need your installation cd to obtain them from.
good luck, hope this helps.

Schmooziphisus 15:41 25 Jun 05

Yeah in the device manager, there are no network cards there at all until you click show hidden devices. All the ones that appear that are hidden all have the drivers installed correctly, and it won't let me uninstall them to get rid of the ones not needed.

Just put a different graphics card in that pc and that didn't show up in device manager either

alltime 18:55 25 Jun 05

I think you have a conflict of drivers you need to sort out what you need and what you dont need!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…