Windows XP on a new computer

Narendra 10:40 10 Jul 11
Answered

Hello,

Purchased a new desktop computer that has XP/SP3 loaded on a SATA Drive.Is it OK to run XP on it or upgrade it to W7?

This SATA drive, can it be partitioned? I have installed EASEUS PARTITION MASTER but can not find any link to partition it.

Please advise. Thank you.

Narendra.

Narendra 11:39 10 Jul 11

THank you for your replies.

I'll install to W7. I bought this new computer desktop from the Ebay for £ 175.00 by wining the bid. It has 500 GB SATA HARD DISK 2 GB DDR3 MEMORY,can be upgraded to 8GB AS ROCK MOTHERBOARD 500 WATT POWER SUPPLY AMD ATHLON PROCESSOR. Black ATX case. But loaded with XP, genuine sticker at the back and i activated it. Nat bad with this money! Wish to keep the XP if it is safe, can use W7 on other computer. Trying to partition this hard drive with EASEUS Partition Master.

Narendra 18:31 20 Jul 11

I have wiped off W7 from my older computer and wish to install it on the new computer that has XP. Do I upgrade to the W7 or do a fresh install? And will it be activated? Please advise. Thank you. Narendra.

Narendra 19:41 20 Jul 11

Thank you very much for your reply. Its the original disc with the key code on it. The pack came with 2 discs, 32 & 64 bit.It is not an upgrade but the whole W7. Regards.

Narendra 20:10 20 Jul 11
Answer

Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…