Windows xp needs user name to start

EmptyJay 19:54 10 Oct 06

For some reason XP has decided it wants to me to click my user name before it starts up. Up until 2 days ago it started up without this, and I want it to stop. It also goes dormant after about 20 mins of un-use & I have to click my username to continue. Everyone who uses this computer uses the same desktop etc so we've no need for usernames. How can I stop it?

Bob The Nob© 20:01 10 Oct 06

There is a second users installed, usuallydue to .net framework.

Try: XP TweakUI - click here UI.exe
You can use it to setup an auto logon for users.

The second problemis because a setting in the screensavers is telling the PCto return to Welcome screen after screensaver,this need to be unchecked.

Bob

Bob The Nob© 20:02 10 Oct 06

Bad link

click here

This should work now!

Eric10 20:06 10 Oct 06

Or without using TweakUI:
Click Start, Run and type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2, and click Ok. Select the user account from the list (the account to which you want to automatically logon). Uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer option, and click Ok. Type the user account password and complete the process.

EmptyJay 08:59 11 Oct 06

Resolved without the need for tweakUI. Thanks both for your help. Loving the forums!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…