Windows xp needs user name to start

EmptyJay 19:54 10 Oct 06

For some reason XP has decided it wants to me to click my user name before it starts up. Up until 2 days ago it started up without this, and I want it to stop. It also goes dormant after about 20 mins of un-use & I have to click my username to continue. Everyone who uses this computer uses the same desktop etc so we've no need for usernames. How can I stop it?

Bob The Nob© 20:01 10 Oct 06

There is a second users installed, usuallydue to .net framework.

Try: XP TweakUI - click here UI.exe
You can use it to setup an auto logon for users.

The second problemis because a setting in the screensavers is telling the PCto return to Welcome screen after screensaver,this need to be unchecked.

Bob

Bob The Nob© 20:02 10 Oct 06

Bad link

click here

This should work now!

Eric10 20:06 10 Oct 06

Or without using TweakUI:
Click Start, Run and type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2, and click Ok. Select the user account from the list (the account to which you want to automatically logon). Uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer option, and click Ok. Type the user account password and complete the process.

EmptyJay 08:59 11 Oct 06

Resolved without the need for tweakUI. Thanks both for your help. Loving the forums!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…