windows xp menu language

cyberpharmacist 23:49 06 Nov 03

Hi all, i am using a chinese windows but i want to have the items in control panel display in english, or more specific i want the items in the system adminstration be in english.

is there a way to do it, or is there a list that microsoft has which i can use?

temp003 02:10 07 Nov 03

Not sure it will work or it's the way you want it. But you can try changing the system locale to English (US) or English (United Kingdom).

Go to Control Panel, Regional Options, and under the General tab, Your locale, select the appropriate English locale from the drop down list, and click OK. You may have to restart for the changes to take effect.

I know that with an English version of Windows, after changing the system locale to another supported language, there are still limitations in display of languages in dialogue boxes and so on. There are things that won't change. It may be easier the other way round.

Another thing is, changing the system locale may apply across the board to all user accounts. Not sure but that's what I think. Try it and see.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…