Windows XP Media Edition

sidewinder e3 17:07 14 Jan 04

I have XP home but i would like to upgrade it to media edition. Is it possible as my pc is not a media pc?

Jester2K 17:09 14 Jan 04

As far as I've been able to find out your have to be a Media PC builder (to a certain standard)to get it and the public can't buy it.

sidewinder e3 17:11 14 Jan 04

I can get media edition but what i want to know is , what is the worst that could happen to my pc (as it is new) if i install media edition?

sidewinder e3 17:15 14 Jan 04

but is htpc reliable and will the tv features work in the uk?

Jester2K 17:17 14 Jan 04

Are you a system builder then?

I don't think Media Edition is an "upgrade" as such... Its more likely a stripped down version with extras added specifically for the playing of DVDs, music etc etc....

Jester2K 17:19 14 Jan 04
  sidewinder e3 17:20 14 Jan 04

i am not a system builder i have a mesh which i purchased last month but i want the media pc features on mine, it is noty a media pc but has n vidia personal cinema and tv tuner

tafoody 17:31 14 Jan 04

from MS media center FAQ:

Q. Can I upgrade my existing PC to Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004?

A. No. Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 is available only on new Media Center PCs. These PCs, built by partner PC manufacturers, provide the hardware configurations necessary to enjoy the home computing and enhanced digital entertainment made possible with Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004.

click here

sidewinder e3 17:33 14 Jan 04

But if I were to install it what is the worst that could happen?

Jester2K 19:01 14 Jan 04

Looks like you'll have to ask MS or a "partner PC manufacturer"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…