Windows XP Media Centre version 2005

rsedw 16:10 27 Nov 06

I have experienced a lot of Software problems with my Dell Dimension 9150 computer since I bought it in June 2006. I ahve had numerous crashes including a fatal 'blue screen' fault. This neccessitated me re-formatting my hard disk and reloading Windows etc.
Both prior to this crash and since when I shut down, at the end of a session, I often get the message that program 'CApp' hasn't closed.
Whether I click the 'end now' or let it close itself the computer hangs and I have to push the power button to turn it off. Has anyone else experienced this problem? ...and how is it resolved, please?

rawprawn 17:14 27 Nov 06

Have a look here, and look in msconfig to see if this program is set to start. If it is untick it.
I don't know if this is the problem, but it's worth a look.

rawprawn 17:14 27 Nov 06
  rawprawn 17:18 27 Nov 06

I have looked at this site and McAfee Site Advisor tells me it is not a good place to be. Either fraudulent or deceptive.

rawprawn 17:21 27 Nov 06

click here it may be a good idea to post a HJT log on this site

Rtus 17:24 27 Nov 06

More info on operating System (Xp home ?) & amount of memory fitted include how many strips ram ,if recent upgrade?)
to help find prog causing bother use > Start Run > msconfig >startup tab > Use link below for how to .then bottom link to search for your start-up entries.

click here

click here

Rtus 17:27 27 Nov 06

Excuse me been one of those days when my visual interface dont work!! .apologies for that ,but use links to use msconfig guides

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…