Windows XP Media Centre version 2005

rsedw 14:47 05 Nov 06

I had a 'blue screen windows' fatal error, two weeks ago, which advised that the system had to shut down to save damage, this occurred when I plugged my usb graphics tablet. Could not recover computer and had to format hard disk and reload Windows etc.
Had same error again,yesterday, but computer appears OK after restarting.
I feel there is something wrong but cannot put my finger on it.
I also cannot use power saving facilities in Control Panel. Screen will not go to screensaver or shut down if not used after a period of time of not being used.
I feel this is a Windows Media Centre problem but cannot find anything out about it.
Has anyone else had similar problems and found out how to rectify?

Diversion 19:45 05 Nov 06

It maybe something to do with how you've got it setup, for instance I disable the screensaver and also set my power to never switch off. Because both of these items use resources and run in the background, I personally altered my settings because my computer kept freezing up and it’s been no problem since I did those settings.

Woolwell 22:03 05 Nov 06

Windows Media Centre is Windows XP with extras. I don't think that the problem lies with the OS but more likely to be hardware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…