Windows XP Media Centre Edition

alexgray104 14:21 11 Nov 05

a few months ago when MCE first came out, I installed it on my old pc. The other day, my old pc literaly blew up! So I purchased the parts and built my self a new one. I installed an OS using the MCE discs. The trouble is, as the old pc blew up and i cannot get into it, I cannot deactivate the MCE on it, this gives me the problem now that I cannot aactivate this copy. I phoned MS and got through to the Tech support and they said that they don't offer technical support and I should contact my retailer! but I can't, because a) the actual pc was built by myself and b) where I bought the OS has shut down (small independant retailer). Anyone got any ideas????

Sharpamatt 15:06 11 Nov 05

Did the Hard Drive go when your system went pop. if not install it as a second drive and you should have access to all your information on it.

alexgray104 15:15 11 Nov 05

Sharpamatt, I'm dorry but the HDD did not survive - I tried installing it in another of m pc's just after the system went t*ts up, and it didn't work. Thanks for the sugestion. Anyone else???

pipedream 16:37 11 Nov 05

I've never contacted Microsoft but I imagine if you talk to someone nicely (not Tech Support presumably), they may let you transfer it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5