windows xp login

Hi all

Windows has done an automatic update (windows xp) after installation and reboot I find that I am presented with a log in dialog box, which I never had before?

Also I find that I have a different shut down options (gone are the three big button options)

Is there any way to disable the windows log in at start-up as I find this to be a pain?

Smegs 16:03 12 Jul 04

Travelmoney, I'm just guessing here, sorry. Try going into the User Accounts, it sounds like another User has been set up, if it has, just delete it. I don't know about the other problem, sorry.

Smegs

just gone into user accounts and it
seems as though it's the client services for netware has disabled the welcome screen
and i need to uninstall client services for netware

but unable to locate this

Smegs 19:31 12 Jul 04

Is it not in the ADD/REMOVER screen?? Has anyone else got anything on this please??

Smegs 19:41 12 Jul 04

GOOD NEWS! I figured out how to do it. Go to control panel and open up "network connections", from there click the local area connection icon, (it was the only icon in the window for me) click "properties" highlight "Client Services for Netware" and click uninstall. There you go.

Brian -March 21, 2004. I got this information from here, click here , looks like a few people have had the same problem.

Smegs 19:43 12 Jul 04

Travelmoney, sorry, they are not my words. Good luck.

Smegs

You’re a GEM absolute brilliant thanks

Please also note;-

You also need to go into user accounts select “Change the way users log on or off”

Select “use the welcome screen”… “Fast user switching “then comes available as well then

Select “Apply options” and bingo

Anybody knows where this Netware thingy comes from??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…