Windows XP logging in problem

ACOLYTE 15:07 18 Mar 08

Hi, having a bit of a problem logging into windows,i restarted my pc it ran a checkdisk,
deleted some files restarted and now all it does is get to desktop and then back to login screen again,there is no password set,when i click my user name if briefly goes to desktop them back to login screen again,it just does this reapetedly and i cant get it to desktop at all.

ACOLYTE 15:08 18 Mar 08

P.S

Just to add i have tried logging in in safe mode and it does the same thing on both accounts mine and the admin account.

sunny staines 16:04 18 Mar 08

try the tweak UI tool for auto login in option2 below.
option 1
Click Start, Run and type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2, and click Ok. Select the user account from the list (the account to which you want to automatically logon). Uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer option, and click Ok. Type the user account password and complete the process.

option2
Open TweakUI (Click Start, Programs, Powertoys for Windows XP). Expand the Logon branch, and click Autologon. Turn on the "Log on automatically at......" option, type your username and password, and click Ok.
TweakUI v2.00 for Windows XP | v2.10 for Windows XP/SP1 and above

ACOLYTE 16:07 18 Mar 08

How do i run this tool?,i cannot get into windows to run anything i just get thrown back to the login screen.

rdave13 16:09 18 Mar 08

Have you tried 'last known good configuration' on the screen that appears after using F8 on start-up?

ACOLYTE 16:18 18 Mar 08

yes i tried that it made no difference ,i still get taken back to the welcome screen when i click my username.

ACOLYTE 16:35 18 Mar 08

click here

this seems to be what is happening to me ,but i cant tell from what is there how to fix it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:43 18 Mar 08

You have probably got a corrupt profile.

Boot to safe mode and try to log on, if will not log on your profile then log on as administrator.
Back up all your documents and emails, delete your username and create a new user with same name.
Then try to login again as normal.

ACOLYTE 16:47 18 Mar 08

I have tried safe mode with both my account and the admin account and the same thing happens on both accounts.

rdave13 17:09 18 Mar 08

A similar thread but XP corrupted by malware. Suggestion is to try a repair install. Don't know how risky this is though; click here

ACOLYTE 17:26 18 Mar 08

Sounds similar to my problem,although i havent downloaded anything sucpicious,and i have lots of Anti-malware products installed,so its pretty tight in that way.

I have while i have been waiting for answers ,tried the repair option and it did not work it still does the same thing after

I tried chkdsk /r and fixboot commands none of witch did anything to help.

Im stummped looks like i may have to format and re install,unless someone can come up with an answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…