Windows XP locked - no password

Kilty 30 Oct 09

After putting my PC into standby, I have just come back to it and it has locked me out and is demanding a password, which I have never set up. It is a recent XP pro install and when setting up the PC I never insterted a password.

When I leave password blank it still will not let me in. Is there anyway around this and to get back into my PC?

Thanks in advance for any help given.

buteman 30 Oct 09

Try safe mode[keep tapping F8 as the computer starts]And try as administrator if it shows.See if you can get in that way.

xania 30 Oct 09

Also be sure that when you enter a 'blank' password, you have not accidentally inserted a space or blank character.

Eric10 30 Oct 09

You say that it is XP Pro. At the login screen press Ctrl+Alt+Del twice and you'll get a classic login box. Enter Administrator as the user name and leave the password blank. If this allows you into Windows then you can reset or delete the password on your own account.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Wimbledon 2015 live online: follow the tennis from your laptop or PC

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message