Windows XP locked - no password

Kilty 10:02 30 Oct 09

After putting my PC into standby, I have just come back to it and it has locked me out and is demanding a password, which I have never set up. It is a recent XP pro install and when setting up the PC I never insterted a password.

When I leave password blank it still will not let me in. Is there anyway around this and to get back into my PC?

Thanks in advance for any help given.

birdface 10:25 30 Oct 09

Try safe mode[keep tapping F8 as the computer starts]And try as administrator if it shows.See if you can get in that way.

xania 10:59 30 Oct 09

Also be sure that when you enter a 'blank' password, you have not accidentally inserted a space or blank character.

Eric10 13:49 30 Oct 09

You say that it is XP Pro. At the login screen press Ctrl+Alt+Del twice and you'll get a classic login box. Enter Administrator as the user name and leave the password blank. If this allows you into Windows then you can reset or delete the password on your own account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…