Windows XP off line at startup

argon 12:22 13 Apr 05

I have recently installed windows XP professional and when I start IEexplorer I go to my home page but for some reason there is a check against working off line(under file) and I have to remove this before moving on any suggestions please

Ironman556 12:30 13 Apr 05

Have you been to the XP update site? There's usually some fixes for internet explorer and maybe an update if you've just put XP on. Maybe that will change it?

I'd recheck your internet connection settings and possibly try the connection setup wizard incase something didn't transfer correctly from the old settings.

You could also go to click here and doanload firefox, if the problem occurs with that aswell I'd think it was a system setting, if it doesn't then it's more likely to be in internet explorer setting.

Ironman556 12:31 13 Apr 05
  argon 16:41 13 Apr 05

Thanks ironman. Firefox is my preferred browser but with that it wont start at my home page a screen come up saying cannot find bbc.co.uk yet if I then click on home it goes straight to it!!
I am completely uptodate wirh windows updates

Ironman556 10:01 14 Apr 05

Strange. Have you tried deleting your internet connection details and then setting them up again?

I don't think it's spy/adware related but you could try running spybot click here amd ad-aware click here anyway and see what it finds.

argon 17:28 14 Apr 05

Thank you ironman, re installing has done the trick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…