Windows XP and LindowsOS 4.0

ace121pk 22:10 16 May 04

i've heard about LindowsOS and was wondering whether i can run them side by side?

LastChip 22:15 16 May 04

But click here for some useful information and alternatives.

woodchip 22:15 16 May 04

LindowsOS is a linux widows look and feel OS and will run some windows software. you would have to dual boot

ace121pk 22:53 16 May 04

i have a few questions before i start the install

Will lindows detect all of my devices webcam printer cable modem etc?

will it recognise all the files in my slave drive i use for storing files?

will there be any conflicts between windows and lindows, since it is linux based, i have heard that windows has a tendancy to delete some linux files, is this true?

powerless 23:01 16 May 04

Will lindows detect all of my devices webcam printer cable modem etc? - Without knowing the devices, we'll take a guess a say yes.

will it recognise all the files in my slave drive i use for storing files? - If the file system is FAT32 then yes but if it's NTFS then it depends if Lindows supports NTFS file system, some distributions of Linux support it by default and if it does not you can add it. But you'll have to ask Lindows on how to do that.

will there be any conflicts between windows and lindows, since it is linux based, i have heard that windows has a tendancy to delete some linux files, is this true? - Windows cannot even recognise Linux files, so nope.

woodchip 23:08 16 May 04

More likely no, If you was in true linux the answer would be more of a yes. As there is more Linux support from programmers

ace121pk 00:17 17 May 04

should i disconnect my devices first before instaliing lindows?

woodchip 00:28 17 May 04

No they should all be switched on so it can see all your hardware when it loads

ace121pk 00:29 17 May 04

great stuff, i'l try it now and i'll get back to you if i experience any problems

ace121pk 00:48 17 May 04

i've struck a dilemma, i have a 120gb HD i wish to install Lindows to.

during install it says that it will delete everything in that drive, i dont want to lose all that data

i have 10gb remaining, would this be sufficient enough?

powerless 00:52 17 May 04

You only have the one partition? If you do STOP, you'll need to partition your drive.

Which you can do with 3rd party software or you could reinstall XP and partition.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…