Windows XP and JVC Everio Cam

peterleemaxwell 11:14 18 Nov 07

Having problems taking off H.D. on cam to H.D. on PC. Has anyone tips advice on getting around problems?

JanetO 12:44 18 Nov 07

I know the instructions are quite moronic, but have you used the menu system on JVC to transfer files to pc or used the Everio software?

Demora 13:06 18 Nov 07

I just connected mine to the Laptop (XP) and pc recognised it as a Hdd. Just dragged the video files across. Bit of a pain looking through them but I was on Holiday and had to get some space on camera/

D

peterleemaxwell 18:33 18 Nov 07

Thanks JanetO
I'll give that a go. Tried several methods including the 'drag-drop' method. This only worked part way through before it stopped and then there was no sound.
Hi Demora,
I wish I had got the DVD cam now.
When I had my digital 8 tape camcorder I could use 'Pinnacle' software and view 'live' film.

JanetO 12:14 19 Nov 07

If you need to convert the files (I think they're in WMM format) you can use Super free click here

peterleemaxwell 13:51 19 Nov 07

Thanks JanetO
Your a gem.

peterleemaxwell 11:50 23 Nov 07

Still got problems unfortunately. When I plug the USB in the cam states "USB MASS STORAGE" thus taking away the view for selection in the web cam view finder. Not a major problem if I could then get the PC to 'see' the cam in the capture software. It doesn't see it. The PC gives an error warning "Windows Delayed Write Failed". Any ideas? Hope to get a reply.

Demora 12:35 23 Nov 07

I have found that Adobe Premiere Elements will actually read the files from JVC cameras which I seem to think are 'MOB's (a JVC File extension) I'm not sure if there is any freeware out there that will help here though.

D

peterleemaxwell 12:52 23 Nov 07

Thanks Demora
Hope Santa has a big sack!

Demora 10:48 25 Nov 07

Which version of windows Media player do you have and which version of Windows itself ie Xp or Vista.

I was lucky enough to see the space shuttle launch in August in Florida, We videoed this and I wanted to email the file to my daughter in the UK. I just connected the camera to the laptop. PC read it as a Hard drive and then I was able to drag the video across to the laptop. Laptop running winXP Pro and windows media player 11. My only problem was shrinking the file to a reasonable size to send to my daughter. BUT thats another story.

BTW I haven't loaded the software that came with the Camrecorder on anything. I bought the Everio because I was fed up of carrying spare tapes/disks around.

D

JanetO 10:59 25 Nov 07

When you connect the JVC via usb it has to be 'off', THEN you turn it on or errors can happen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…