Windows XP and the Javascript Problem

stuntmaster 08:28 01 Dec 04

as the title says i have a Packard bell pc with IE6 and SP1 wont install SP2 as i heard of the Errors it causes and my dads business runs on it. anyways, when i try to do something with Javascript or any other script, nothing happens or and error icon appears in the bottom left hand corner, if i keep clicking it then bombs out with an error, what is this problem and how can i fix it?

961 09:10 01 Dec 04

It's probably disabled, either by your father, to prevent anybody hijacking his business files, or by protective software such as Spywareblaster which may disable java by default for the same reason

I believe some windows xp did not have java files anyway because of a legal wrangle

You can establish what the situation is by using click here

stuntmaster 09:59 01 Dec 04

im at college at the mo so i will try this at home, of course i do think its the seccond option, as my dad doesnt know how to disable it. if i find i dont have any java files installed how can i install it again?

stuntmaster 13:20 01 Dec 04

java V1.4.4 installed and running

thats what i got, so it works problem sorta solved.

however why is it that when i click on some links they dont work?, like nothing happens? mainly ones that open in a new window.

anyone know?

stuntmaster 16:37 01 Dec 04

message bump

stuntmaster 17:29 01 Dec 04

i had an incorrectly registered file lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…