Windows XP Issue

noddy 14:30 26 Aug 05

Hi Guys..

Wonder if you can help me, I was cleaning machine from rubbish, and old software.

however when I restart all I get is blue screen with Windows XP Logo.

Have tried following with no success

Safe Mode Start same result
Any ideas how I can access and enable a restore

Pleased to hear

Meantime much appreciated and thanks

rawprawn 14:48 26 Aug 05

When you reboot as for Safe Mode, can you select "Last known good configuration"

rawprawn 15:01 26 Aug 05

I think your best bet would be to use your XP CD and choose "Repair" you won't lose your data. If you are not sure how post back.

PS. There is no need to email me, just post your answer in your thread.

rawprawn 15:09 26 Aug 05

click here Scroll down to Repair install, print out the instructions and follow them. I am assuming you have access to another computer, since you are posting.

rawprawn 15:12 26 Aug 05

Sorry the link doesn't take you all the way, type "Recovery Console" into the search facility and follow through to Repair

rawprawn 15:13 26 Aug 05

This is abetter link click here

noddy 15:14 26 Aug 05

I had thought of that but the machine came pre-bundled with Software.

Do you know if I can access dos, locate file and run from there

rawprawn 15:41 26 Aug 05

Sorry no, but look here and se if you can create a bootdisc for XP click here

2020 17:01 26 Aug 05

not sure if i need to post this as a new post but i'm trying to do the same thing and. when i power on it offers me the range of startup modes all of which i have now picked but the system keeps booting up to the same level- the windows xp screen, just closes and just repeats endlessly.i have put the xp cd in but nothing happens. had tested drive with seatools and it found 2 bad sectors. don't know all puter details as its not mine and they r on hols.
can you help? i did have info in my postings but well thats beside the point now.

VoG II 17:13 26 Aug 05
  2020 17:46 26 Aug 05

voG thanks for link but i cant get it to boot from cd. i get the slightst glimps of a bluee screen with top 1/3 page text but don;t know can i freeze this or would it help me anyway. the only thing i can get is press F1. then iget AMI BOIS Flash Utility v1.02. it offers boot from....main Bios and main rom type...SST 39SF020, but it only offers load bios from floppy. where to now?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…