Windows XP internet problem

april8371 22:37 26 Sep 03

when i go on to the internet on my pc i am on for 1 or 2 mins at most and then i get this warning NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM windows will now restart because the remote procedure RPC service terminated unexpectedly.i have not had the windows xp installed for very long and am not sure what to do about this if you can help me with this problem i would appreciate it.

ann marie

VoG II 22:42 26 Sep 03

You have got the blaster virus click here

VoG II 22:44 26 Sep 03

Follow Jester's advice click here

WebGuy 23:01 26 Sep 03

I had the same problem!!! Click START-->CONNECT TO-->RIGHT CLICK ON YOUR DEFFAULT CONNECTION-->ADVANCED TAB-->TICK ONLY ITEM CALLED FIREWALL... You Are Free Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't forget to say thanks...

Joanne_1 23:05 26 Sep 03

You forgot to forward her to the page that tells her how to remove the problem in the first place.

WebGuy 23:11 26 Sep 03

Ha-ha, it's too late! I resolved this problemm!

Djohn 23:15 26 Sep 03

Are you on the right thread? :o(

Joanne_1 23:15 26 Sep 03

Oh. Ok.
But if you didnt get rid of the problem first then its still there on your machine waiting until your firewall lapses. ;)

VoG II 23:22 26 Sep 03

Nothing to do with Firewalls. You need Stinger to get rid plus the MS patch. There are links to these in the links that I posted (thanks to Jester2K II).

Joanne_1 23:26 26 Sep 03

I beg to differ it has everything to do with firewalls, it comes through port 135 and if that is not blocked then it has free reign to your computer.
First block the port then run the fix.

WebGuy 23:30 26 Sep 03

Djohn-I'm not KRAZZY,
Jonne_1-Aggree,
Vog-Are You helping me with the IE repairing at the same time? -Thank you very much! (Read my answer).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac