Windows XP interface won't load, HELP!

BearHead 21:30 25 Jan 09

Hi, I've terminated explorer.exe in the task manager and couldn't get it back up, restarted my pc and windows interface didn't load, I tried lounching Explorer program from the windows folder from Run operation but it says Windows can't find it, I can't even open folders properly, HELP!

MAT ALAN 21:47 25 Jan 09

click here

this may help...

BearHead 21:49 25 Jan 09

it's not about internet explorer, it's about windows interface but thx anyway

MAT ALAN 21:53 25 Jan 09

It may be your user profile is corrupt create another as administrator then delete the one that does not work...

BearHead 21:57 25 Jan 09

I could do that if I'd have my interface up and running, do you know which system folder contains the System Restore program by any chance?

MAT ALAN 22:00 25 Jan 09

CTRL ALT DEL select file new task "run" type in explorer you can navigate from thwere...

MAT ALAN 22:03 25 Jan 09

forgot to mention typing in explorer.exe might solve you prob.

BearHead 22:03 25 Jan 09

that's what i'm doing for the past 2 hours, but I need to open some programs from the program menu, quicklounch and the taskbarbut i just need to know where the system restore executable is located...

BearHead 22:07 25 Jan 09

no, it cant open any windows and/or explorer.exe either, because explorer.exe is not running but the Run operation can open other programs but I need to bring up my windows interface back and i think system restore might solve it, but I don't know where it's located...

Legolas 22:19 25 Jan 09

Can you not do a repair installation of XP or start in safe mode and do a system restore from there.

BearHead 22:27 25 Jan 09

aint reinstalling my xp, system restore didnt help...how do i start my pc in safe mode?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…