Windows XP icons

powerless 17:28 21 Jun 03

I need little pictures of Windows XP's icons.

My computer, My pictures etc...

Google reveals thousands. But either they want you to pay for them or i get a pop up saying "you idiot". :-(

Would anyone happen to know of a place where i can download these icons or a program that can look into XP for them?

leo49 17:33 21 Jun 03

I use this program with 9x systems and it works well.

The latest version is supposed to be XP compatible but I haven't tried it yet so can't vouch.Any way here's the link:

click here

powerless 17:53 21 Jun 03

That'll do me, thanks.

Well i can see the XP icons so i say it works with XP.

Jester2K II 17:59 21 Jun 03

powerless 18:04 21 Jun 03

8 and a bit MB's worth of Icons in that file.

But those are the icons i want in that shell32 file.

rnne10341 18:35 21 Jun 03

Go to click here and under Library, select icon packager. In the list, pick an icon package and download it. It will probably be zipped, and when unzipped may be an icon library file. (ie:- *.icl) This will need a programme like Microangelo to look inside at the individual icons.

toxin 21:34 21 Jun 03

Hi Powerless!

WindowsXP>MyComp>Tools>FolderOptions>Advanced>Change Icon>browse to Windows>System32.dll and open shows the windows icons.

Jester2K II 11:26 22 Jun 03

rnne10341 - the program above extracts the icons directly and not as ICL files so is better

toxin - that will show them but powerless wants to extract them to use them elsewhere...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…