Windows xp and HP Deskjet 930c

dyfed 17:34 31 Mar 03

I am running windows xp professional on an Asus A7N266-VM m/b, athlon 2000+ processer and 512mb ram, I have downloaded the xp drivers for the HP 930c printer ( USB Cable ) which installed OK and the printer does work, but when I shutdown and restart the machine windows puts the printer offline and the only way I can get it working again is to re install the software.
Can anyone help please.

slimbo51 19:00 31 Mar 03

Would sound like u have downloaded an incorrect or incomplete driver.

Have u tried to deinstall driver and then reinstall in case its missed some part of the file.

The symptons are where the h/ware and s/ware on boot up do not see each other.

Would sugest u re-download the drive again in case of missing data on first attempt.

Does the printer show ok in device manager after driver is loaded and works alright, and does it still show ok after reboot...?

dyfed 06:34 01 Apr 03

Thanks for the suggestion, tried that, Windows is still showing the printer offline. I took a look at the h/ware - s/ware not talking to one another, I think the problem could be with a USB 4 hub because the scanner wouldn't work, found out that by pulling the USB connection out of the hub and putting it back in again resets the USB printer and scanner. Need to use the hub though because I only have two USB's on the board and I need 4.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…