Windows XP Hotfixes

Indigo 1 14:54 20 Dec 03

Anyone know where these are stored on the PC so I can make copies and not have to re-dowload after re-installing OS ?

hugh-265156 14:59 20 Dec 03

once installed on the system you cannot copy them.

redownload and follow this guide from powerless to back up to cd click here

Indigo 1 15:24 20 Dec 03

Thanx that would be helpful if I was relying on Windoze to update itself but I'm not cos I don't trust it. I am using a third party app to scan and download only those updates relevant to my config.

I have read recently (wish I could remember where) that all Windoze Hotfixes once downloaded can be re-installed without the need to d/load again, surely then this means that they are stored somewhere on your HDD for future use...No?

hugh-265156 15:32 20 Dec 03

the link above is not for auto update its for saving to cdrom or a folder for back up.

Jester2K II 15:56 20 Dec 03

I'm afraid you either mis-read the article or it was plain wrong.

If you use the Auto Update then you need to download them again manually to reinstall *(or use Auto update again)

click here is a good site for patches..

Get Windows XP SP-1 click here

and

Windows XP RollUp Package click here

Then you shouldn't have toomuch to download once up and running using the auto update

However you do it get this one NOW and save to CD click here as it contains the MSBlaster fix. Without it you'll be infected in seconds the first time you go online.

Windows XP patches click here

Indigo 1 16:57 20 Dec 03

Cheers yes you are right of course (DOH!) but you see I am using an original Beta version of XP pro and so there are many Hotfixes to download (loads of Megs) and I'm still on a dial-up. This would take days to complete so I'll wait till I have Broadband installed before I go any futher (BB on order)

Thanks for your time and efforts.

and a Merry Xmas to all who tried to help.

Jester2K II 17:34 20 Dec 03

Either that or use a Download Manager like Fresh Download click here to break up the download over a few days...

Jester2K II 17:34 20 Dec 03

Or an Internet Cafe...

March Hare 19:46 20 Dec 03

Thanks to all, including Powerless for the original.

powerless 19:56 20 Dec 03

Yup the only difference is the rollup that makes and save a few megs. You still need the other updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…