Windows XP Hotfix - Q811493

kentylad 13:08 28 Apr 03

I believe this little bugger has been causing problems for quite a few people since its introduction by slowing down computers?

Any news on development in fixing this fix!

Nick

EmBeZzLeR 13:47 28 Apr 03

Thank you for the info. I'm not sure yet what is conflicting with 811493.We currently have a group of developers working on the problem. We'll get this resolved as soon as possible.Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks,
Lucy [MS]

kentylad 13:53 28 Apr 03

Oh i didn't realise we have and MS representative in the forum...?

Quite a few people have been experiencing the same problems as myself an I believe it has been recognised by MS (click here)

I was just wondering whether there have been any recent developments?

Regards

Nick

EmBeZzLeR 14:14 28 Apr 03

Sorry i should have made it clear, i quoted the above statement. It was posted on Bink's Win XP site.

kentylad 15:07 28 Apr 03

oh right im with you now!

My PC has been definately slower since installing Q811493.

I hope MS fix this soon.

kentylad 15:14 28 Apr 03

Yeh mine has too. i have been advised to uninstall it but I believe this leaves us vulnerable to too many security risks.

Just bare with it for time being I sduppose :-(

kentylad 15:14 28 Apr 03

Yeh mine has too. i have been advised to uninstall it but I believe this leaves us vulnerable to too many security risks.

Just bare with it for time being I suppose :-(

kentylad 15:15 28 Apr 03

oops double post!

rawprawn 15:59 28 Apr 03

I had trouble downloading this, so I went to widows system/catroot & renamed it catrootold, then downloaded. I have had no trouble at all. I hope this may help.

PSF 16:41 28 Apr 03

I un-installed that fix yesterday and now the pc runs a lot faster.

I was causing a few strange things in the system tray and slow loading.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…